Introduction To Spencer FYA London


 Introduction

To view other blog entries, click the back arrow next to "Spencer FYA London", at the top of the screen.

Hi, I am Spencer Thompson and this blog is where I will document my experience as a First Year Abroad (FYA) student for Florida State University in London. This introduction entry serves as a practice post before I actually begin talking about my experiences, so I'm sorry for the poor quality of my writing and I hope it gets better. 

I will embark for Europe with my family on August 21, 2024. We will stay in Ireland for a week to watch Florida State play Georgia Tech in Dublin for a week 0 international face-off to begin the college football season. After exploring Ireland, On August 28, my family and I will go back to the airport and I will board a flight for London and my family will fly back to Chicago.

 Upon arriving in London, I will for the first time in my life be independent for a prolonged period of time. I will now be responsible for going through customs, gathering my luggage, and navigating the Tube to get to my study center at 99 Great Russel Street alone. From that point until late December I will be an ocean away from home before I fly back for the holidays. After the new year I will fly back to London to finish the school year until late April.

I hope to learn so much in this once in a lifetime opportunity, and document it all the way.



^My graduation cap depicting my future^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orientation